Halloween Creative Writing!
LISTEN HERE FOR CREEPY STORIES
FROM 6PM HALLOWEEN NIGHT (SATURDAY 31ST OCTOBER)
Calling all aspiring writers! We’re looking for your original ghost stories, creepy fables, and tales of terror, to celebrate Halloween in our creative writing competition! Enter (if you dare) and you could WIN an Amazon Kindle!
For those who get their entry in early by our special ‘Dead-Line’ of 5pm, Thursday 29th October*, a frightful few will have their story transformed into a spooky audio track and published on our blog and soundcloud channel from 6pm on Halloween Night itself!
how to enter
We’ve pulled a selection of images from our archive to get you started (see below).
1. Select an image from this competition page and let your imagination go wild!
2. Write your story. Your tales can directly mention the content of the image, or simply be used as a jumping off point to get your ideas flowing.
The story must be between 500-750 words and completely your own work.
3. Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org for a chance to win an Amazon Kindle in one of our two age categories (12-16yrs and 17+)! (Remember to include, title, first name, age, and number of the image that inspired you).
*Full competition deadline for the chance to win an Amazon Kindle is 5pm, Monday 2nd November. Winners will be announced online and contacted to arrange receipt of prize.
- (See our Terms and Conditions for full details)
- Your story must be between 500-750 words.
- Age categories are 12-16yrs and 17+
- Please email your story to email@example.com including the title of your story, your first name, age, and the number of the image that inspired you.
- One story submission per entrant.
- The story must be all your own work – it must not be a direct copy of someone else’s.
- Entries must be suitable for public reading as they may be posted online.
Now ‘ghoul’ let your imagination run wild and enter … if you DARE!!