This competition is now CLOSED.
Are you up to the Challenge??
- One of 5 Amazon Echo Dots (for winners in each image category)
- A pair of Annual Passes for Sewerby Hall & Gardens – OR –
- A Deluxe Midweek stay at South Cliff Holiday Park in our FREE Prize Draw !!
How to ENTER
2. Go to ‘View trails‘ and select ‘Danes Dyke – Picture Challenge‘ from the list.
3. Walk the short route of the trail down to the beach and get familiar with our 5 historic images as you do so.
4. Now it’s your turn to explore! Looking back at the different historic images on the trail, explore the nature reserve and open ‘Camera View‘ to help you decide whereabouts you think the historic photograph may have been taken from*.
*in the event of intermittent data signal, it’s recommended that you preview each trail image before you set off, so they are cached to your device and will load more quickly.
5. Once you’ve decided on a location, take a modern-day snap with your own device’s camera.
(Remember, you MUST tag us @ERArchives for us to find your entry, and for it to be valid)
OR – you can email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for entries is 5pm on Monday 9th November
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
Entries close at 5pm on Monday 9th November, after which a winner will be selected from each of the 5 image categories, for the modern-day snap that our judges think best represents where the historic image was taken from.
Winners will be contacted as soon as judging is completed, to make arrangements for receiving their prize.
Public announcements will also be made on our social media and other channels.
All entrants will also go into our FREE Prize Draw for a chance to win a 4-night stay at South Cliff Holiday Park or a pair of Annual Family Passes to Sewerby Hall & Gardens.
See Terms & Conditions for full details.
It could be you! So get entering, and good luck!!